Please: Hand in semester 2 field trip permission form signed by parents and teachers, with medical information complete. Read through the Dance Team Trip rules and expectations. Talk about these with your son / daughter. Sign and return this paper to the teacher. (A paper one was sent home Thursday, March 8, 2018) Pay the final payment on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 or sooner. Please make cheque out to Frank Hurt Secondary school and put the student number on it or have exact change. This is much appreciated. Thank-you! The amount your child owes is on the spreadsheet below. $175 cost of trip includes: Bus to the ferry, ferry, hotel for two nights, Elements dance competition, school bus in Victoria, Harbour Dance show permits, Vibe Dance class, Spaghetti Factory dinner on Friday night. Please bring money or food for breakfast on Friday and Saturday, lunch on Thursday and Friday, and dinner on Thursday. Some students also like to do some shopping - so do some chores and save some money fo…
Media Team will have footage out soon. Here is my camera view! Congratulations to Teg and Rajan for winning first. AND, sorry you got missed being called back and had to run up and dance right away... you still made me super happy... love the money drop! hahaha!!! Awesome! I am going to miss you!!!
Dear Shamrock 2018 Performers:
Please find below links to the full Shamrock Dance Competition 2018 Playlist: Shamrock 2018 Playlist (YouTube)
A full recording of the entire event, unedited, is available here as well: https://stpats.bc.ca/SDC/
Please note that we are currently working with the Shamrock 2018 judges to provide more extensive written feedback to teams from these videos. The videos will allow the judges to spend additional time per team --something that was not possible at the live event. We hope to have this to you and your teams in about a week.
1. Dancer registration begins at 3:30 (audience won't be allowed in until 4pm). I have printed your rosters, please ask your dancers to have their GoCards ready. There will not be tech times on stage for this event.
2. Competition starts at 4:30. Tickets will be sold at the event. If you have pre sold tickets (or contacted me to bring you tickets), please bring me cash in an envelope properly labeled with your school name, amount of tickets sold and the amount of cash in the envelope.
3. All dancers will be allowed (and encouraged) to watch the competition from the audience. Dancers must be in the audience at 4:20pm for when the MC goes over rules. The will be entering stage right (up the drama ramp and into the green room holding area) and they will exit down the stairs at the front of the stage.
4. Our MC is Gabe Galedo and our four judges are Shauna Smith, Jacob Soriano, Angelo Admana, & Missy Reyes.
5. Thank you for dropping your music into the google drive. If you did no…
Semester Two we have a field trip to Harbour Dance Centre and the Queen
Elizabeth Theatre. Students will participate in one dance class at Harbour Dance and watch the performance of Ballet BC’s, Romeo and Juliet. Space is limited for this field trip. I am taking
the first fourteen students who come with their field trip form signed and cash
or cheque made out to Frank Hurt Secondary for exactly $25. This cost includes
the cost of the schoolbus, one Harbour
Dance class, and the Ballet BC performance.