Dear Parents and Guardians,
Here is a list of upcoming DANCE events:
Bang Bang Dress Rehearsal and Elementary Dance Show
What: This is our semester end dance show dress rehearsal and then we invite the surrounding elementary schools to come and watch us perform.
When: Monday, December 15, 2014 - 12:00 – 2:39pm
Where: Frank Hurt Theatre
To do: Have your teacher’s sign the permission form and return it to Ms. J. The deadline for permission forms is December 12, 2014.
AND – make sure all of your missed classes are made up by January 15th at noon.
Bang Bang Dance Show
What: This is our semester end show. All dance classes and teams will be performing.
When: Thursday, December 18, 2014 – 5:45 – 8:00 – students arrive at 5:45, doors open at 6:15, and show starts at 6:30pm.
Where: Frank Hurt Theatre
Tickets: $5 from Ms. J in the dance office or at the door.
Fund raisers: $5 bouquets of flowers and 50/50 draw
Surrey Secondary Dance Festival at the Bell Centre
What: Performances by all Surrey secondary schools involved with dance. Block 3 and 4 Dance classes will be performing.
When: Thursday, January 8, 2015 9:30- 11:30am
Where: The Bell Centre
Transportation: School busses provided by the district
Cost: Free – paid for by the district
Tickets: Free – family is welcome to come and watch. There is lots of seating at the Bell Centre and it is free!
To do: Parents fill in and sign, have teachers sign, and students return the permission form for this field trip. Deadline for permission form is January 7, 2015.
Outbreak Small Teams Competition
What: This is a competition for all of the small teams and break battle. Frank Hurt is sending four dance teams and two break teams.
When: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 5:00 – 8pm
Where: Fleetwood Park Secondary (7490 -156 St., Surrey)
Tickets: $10 from Ms. J in the dance office. We only have ten tickets per school. This event will sell out. Get your tickets as soon as they become available.
To do: If you are performing make sure you have a ride to Fleetwood Park.
Outbreak Dance Competition
What: A dance competition with a break battle. You can watch other schools and see their dances. All of our dance classes and teams are performing. We also have a team competing in the advanced break battle. (The Small Team’s winners may be performing )
When: Saturday, January 17, 2015 registration starts at 9:30am. Ms. J will let you know Frank Hurt’s registration time as soon as she knows it. Doors open to the public at 12:30 and the show starts at 1:15. It usually runs all day till around 5! If your dancer needs to leave early just let me know.
Where: North Surrey Secondary Gym
Tickets: $10 in advance from Ms. J in the dance office. $12 at the door and $5 for children under 12 accompanied by a parent. Please get your tickets early to avoid disappointment.
To do: Make sure you have a ride to North Surrey.
This was an amazing field trip!! Thank-you for participating and learning more about our local dance world outside of Frank Hurt.
My sushi crew!
Queen Elizabeth Theatre - Ballet BC No. 29
Harbour Dance Centre: Stu's Hip Hop with Queen Elizabeth Secondary
You can download Audacity at home by going to: audacity.sourceforge.net/download (or just Google Audacity!)
1. First you need to have music to edit. Your music needs to be in MP3 format. You can e-mail yourself the music, bring a CD, or your MP3 player with the USB cords.
2. If your music is in WAV format (you can hear play it on a normal CD player) then you have to convert it to an MP3. You can do this using Windows media player. Open the file in Media Player. Go to Options and change the format to MP3. Then RIP it. Remember to name and save the file somewhere you can easily find it again!
3. Open Audacity
4. Project: Import Audio – browse to find your song. You can only import one song at a time. (You can also drag and drop)
5. Edit your song. Highlight areas to add effects or listen to that one area. You should always listen to the area before you cut it so that you know that you have the correct selection. Little pointer hands will come up to make adjustments to your highlighted area if you go near the edge of your selection. You can use the magnifying glass to make the song bigger and this will make it easier to make the perfect cut.
6. Project: New Stereo Track. This is where you can paste the parts you want to make your version of the song.
7. When you are done creating your masterpiece, delete everything except for the one that you want to save. If you don’t delete all the other songs they will save as one song all combined.. very noisy!!
8. File: Export as WAV or MP3 (If you use SAVE AS it will not work!!!)
YouTube to MP3 site