Friday, October 30, 2015
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Monday, October 26, 2015
Black and Yellow WIP
1. Barbie Musical
Shoes – black
Socks - colourful
Hair: two French braids with purple ribbon
Make-up: normal stage make-up
2. Adore You
Plain white t-shirt
Partners have one matching costume piece (each pair has a different colour)
Shoes: Black/ white shoes
Hair: half up half down
Make-up: Normal stage make-up with nude or pink lipstick
1. Say Hello
Dark coloured pants / shorts with leggings
Black t-shirt (grade 8’s wear your grad shirt)
Shoes: Dark coloured sneakers
Hair: two French braids
Make-up: Normal stage make-up
(Kayla – apron / Jasmine – tiara)
2. Cartoon Break
Dress like your cartoon character
Thursday, October 22, 2015
Monday, October 19, 2015
Dear parents and guardians,
Please be aware of the upcoming events:
Monday, November 2, 2015: 3-4pm – Works in Progress Dress Rehearsal
- All dance classes and teams will be rehearsing.
- Dress rehearsal is mandatory and for marks for dance classes.
- Dancers must come prepared to school with their costumes.
- Dancers who do not attend the dress rehearsal will not be in the show but must attend and help backstage for marks.
- Students in dance classes who do not make up their missed classes before dress rehearsal (Monday, November 2@12:05pm) will not be in the show but must attend to help backstage for marks.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015: 3 – 4:30pm – Works in Progress Show
- All dance classes and teams will be performing.
- Dance class students will be marked on their performances.
- This show is for family and friends that would like to see what we have been working on in class thus far.
- This is a practice show to get us used to changing quickly, entering and exiting the stage, and performing in front on an audience.
- Doors open for the audience at 3:15 and the show starts at 3:30.
- Donations will be accepted at the door – to go towards costumes and competitions.
- There may be Krispy Kreme dougnuts for sale for $1 (if we have any left over from lunch sales) This is a fundraiser that we will be doing for 7 weeks to raise money for costumes and field trips.
Thursday, November 5, 2015: 9:15 – 4pm – Field Trip to Harbour Dance and Ballet BC
· All dance classes and teams were invited to come on this field trip. If your student is coming with us please send them with a lunch or money to purchase a lunch as well as water and dance clothes.
With grade 9 Take your Kids to Work Day on Wednesday, this is a very exciting and full week. I hope to meet some of you at the Works in Progress show. This is the first time we are having this show right after school and I would be interested to hear your feedback. In previous years this show was in the evenings and only open to family. Unfortunately, we didn’t have a lot of turn out for these shows which was a little disappointing to the performers. It is more difficult to perform for an empty house than it is a full one packed with energy. So, I thought we would try right after school and open these practice shows up to friends at school to give our dancers more of a feel of what it will be like with a full audience.
See you all soon and thank-you in advance for your support of Frank Hurt Dance,
Friday, October 16, 2015
Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Arrive: 5:00 PM
- Rehearsal: 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Can be depart by 6:45 PM (in case we run a little late)
- Arrive: 9:15 AM
- On Stage: between 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Show ends: 2:30 PM (but are welcome to depart after the performance)
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is field trip time! I am taking 30 students to Harbour Dance Centre and the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on Thursday, November 5, 2015. The cost to students is $20. This includes: a dance class, a dance performance, and transportation.
This is an awesome opportunity for students to take a class from a new teacher and at a new studio. Harbour is a great place to take drop – in classes of all levels and for all ages. And, how often do you get to see a ballet performance? For some of our students, I am certain it will be their first time. Ballet BC student performances are a great way to introduce younger dancers to the theatre. They are a little bit shorter and sometimes the students get to ask the dancers questions at the end.
All students from dance classes and teams are invited on this field trip. The first 30 students who get their parent/ teacher permission forms and money in will be the students I take on the trip.
Field Trip Permission FormNovember 5, 2015: Harbour & Ballet BC
School Bus leaves at 9:15 and returns at 4pm
Student’s full name:
My child is permitted to attend this event.
Parent or guardian’s signature:
(In Google go to: Insert / Drawing / select scribble under the line tool
Using Microsoft Paint:
Or - you can print and sign)
(I will save this information for future field trips. If you have previously filled in this form you need only fill in the first part of the form.)
Student’s require signed permission from their teachers. This form will be handed out in class.