Dear parents and guardians,
There are two exciting dance competitions coming up. One is for small teams and breakers and the second one is for all classes and all teams. If you have any questions or if you child will not be able to attend please let me know as soon as possible to give the students who are performing more time to practice with any changes that need to be made.
Breakout Small Teams Competition
When: April 23, 2014 Show starts at 5:00pm
Where: Panorama Ridge Secondary
13220 - 64 Avenue
Registration time for all dancers: 3:30 – 4:30 – no specific time for schools.
Who: Junior Duo, Senior Trio, Beginner Break, and Intermediate Break
Tickets: $10 in advance from Ms. Johnson or $15 at the door (There is not a lot of seating for this competition so please buy tickets in advance to avoid disappointment at the door.
Breakout Dance Competition
When: April 26, 2014
Doors open at 11:30am Show starts at 12:00pm and ends at 5:00pm
Registration time for Frank Hurt: 9:50am – please arrive ten minutes early – 9:40am
Where: Chandos Pattison Auditorium at Pacific Academy
10238 168th street, Surrey
Who: ALL dance classes and teams will be competing
Tickets: $10 in advance from Ms. Johnson or $15 at the door. (There is plenty of seating for this theatre and there will be plenty of tickets for sale at the door. Please bring all your family and friends to support and cheer on Frank Hurt Dancers and of course everyone else!)
Breakout Bus: $2 tickets available in advance from Ms. Johnson – this is a school bus that will drive students back to Guilford or Newton Exchange. It will start at 5:00pm.
Notes and reminders for Breakout – so everything runs smooth!
Please note these procedures for registration & timed rehearsals on stage:
· Each school will have a specific time for registration, teachers must arrive with their students
· To make the registration faster have students stand in alpha order (use list you sent in).
· Once registered, students must wear their wristbands for dancer I.D. & access to change rooms.
· Due to strict time constraints, only classes will rehearse on stage.
Teams can rehearse in the cafeteria of Pacific Academy."
· Teachers will hand in their music on flash drive to the music technician (Will) on 2nd floor.
· When your group is called to the stage, please be prepared. Classes with be given 3 minutes to rehearse their formations without music. The sound tech will test your music to make sure it is correct and in working order. Have a back-up C.D. with all your songs just in case.
· After your practise, students will move to the cafeteria until 11:30 when seating begins. Student seating will be posted in the cafeteria and in the theatre. Your teacher will also have a copy.
· We prefer students not leave the building, but if you do, you will be searched again on re-entry.
· All school rules apply. If needed, you will be asked to leave by our school security team.
· Dancers only with coaches and sponsors in the cafeteria. No outside friends or family.
· All cafeteria doors must be kept closed.
· Please place garbage in cans provided.
· Please put on your make-up before arriving or in the change rooms provided.
DO NOT USE WASHROOMS AT THE FRONT OF THE THEATRE TO DO MAKEUP OR HAIR.
· Keep all valuables with you at all times. If it is valuable, leave it at home.
We cannot be responsible for lost items.
· Please bring a snack/lunch as the concession is limited and there is nothing near by.
· There will be a coaches lounge with snacks at the front of the theatre.
· Please remind your students that all dancers involved are amateur with many performing at a competition for their very first time. Let’s all be respectful and encourage one another. The spirit of the show is to showcase our teams and what we are learning in our classrooms and to have fun. Please make sure your students know it is not important whether we win or lose but rather that we put on a great show! See you on April 16th.
REGISTRATION TIME SCHOOL NAME PRACTICE TIME – Ms. Law (timer)
9:50 A.M. Frank Hurt (72 dancers) 10:00 (6 minutes - 2 classes)
See you all soon!