Dear parents and guardians,
Please be aware of the upcoming events:
Monday, November 2, 2015: 3-4pm – Works in Progress Dress Rehearsal
- All dance classes and teams will be rehearsing.
- Dress rehearsal is mandatory and for marks for dance classes.
- Dancers must come prepared to school with their costumes.
- Dancers who do not attend the dress rehearsal will not be in the show but must attend and help backstage for marks.
- Students in dance classes who do not make up their missed classes before dress rehearsal (Monday, November 2@12:05pm) will not be in the show but must attend to help backstage for marks.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015: 3 – 4:30pm – Works in Progress Show
- All dance classes and teams will be performing.
- Dance class students will be marked on their performances.
- This show is for family and friends that would like to see what we have been working on in class thus far.
- This is a practice show to get us used to changing quickly, entering and exiting the stage, and performing in front on an audience.
- Doors open for the audience at 3:15 and the show starts at 3:30.
- Donations will be accepted at the door – to go towards costumes and competitions.
- There may be Krispy Kreme dougnuts for sale for $1 (if we have any left over from lunch sales) This is a fundraiser that we will be doing for 7 weeks to raise money for costumes and field trips.
Thursday, November 5, 2015: 9:15 – 4pm – Field Trip to Harbour Dance and Ballet BC
· All dance classes and teams were invited to come on this field trip. If your student is coming with us please send them with a lunch or money to purchase a lunch as well as water and dance clothes.
With grade 9 Take your Kids to Work Day on Wednesday, this is a very exciting and full week. I hope to meet some of you at the Works in Progress show. This is the first time we are having this show right after school and I would be interested to hear your feedback. In previous years this show was in the evenings and only open to family. Unfortunately, we didn’t have a lot of turn out for these shows which was a little disappointing to the performers. It is more difficult to perform for an empty house than it is a full one packed with energy. So, I thought we would try right after school and open these practice shows up to friends at school to give our dancers more of a feel of what it will be like with a full audience.
See you all soon and thank-you in advance for your support of Frank Hurt Dance,