Dance Team Trip: Victoria April 8 - 10 First Notice

Dear Frank Hurt Dance Team Parents & Guardians,


Each year I strive to bring a performance oriented trip experience to our dance teams to strengthen the team bond/culture and broaden our performing and artistic horizons. This year we will be trying a new dance competition called Synergy. In partnership with the Surrey Dance Teacher’s Association, Frank Hurt teams have the opportunity to travel to Victoria and Sidney, BC with approximately 150 other dancers from local schools to perform. The trip would take place from April 8th-10th. The trip would also incorporate a variety of team building activities that strengthen our unity and team culture.
While myself and the other coordinating teachers are still working on the exact itinerary and working to ensure the trip is as economical as possible, we estimate that the cost of the trip would be approximately $150 per student. The students have already done some fundraising towards this price.  This cost would include all transportation, 2 nights accommodation in Victoria, daily breakfasts, the dance competition fees, a TOC to replace me on the 8th, and chaperone expenses.

The dance competition deadline is next week. This is a big cost ($1329.87). I need to know for sure all of the dance team dancers are going before I pay for them. If you allow your child to go please sign the permission form and have them return it to me this Thursday, Jan. 7, 2016.
I will have more information coming to you as soon as I can.

Paula Johnson
Frank Hurt Dance

PERMISSION FORM  

( I have sent each child home with a form - if you don't get one here is one you can print sign and send back with your child)

Parent Permission due: Thursday, January 7.